Tuesday, October 16, 2007

DC Site Selection

A long while back I mentioned that I was working on a site selection post for the blog. As I was working on it, I decided it was worthy of more than just a post.

I am happy to announce that I have finished a white paper on the topic of Data Center Site Selection. I welcome any and all comments and hope it is informative and helpful.

If you decide to link to the paper, I would ask that you link to this post instead of directly to the PDF.

Link: http://datacenterlinks.blogspot.com/2007/10/dc-site-selection.html


Rath Consulting
October 2007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Good condensed/dense information. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The information is good, if a little US-centric to be useful to me. Just a word to the wise for anyone potentially looking at it from outside the US.

John said...

Is there interest in a world-wide study for DC locations?
Is/was there an existing analysis already out there?
Just curious....

-John

Anonymous said...

An excellent review of the issues, their considerations and the options faced in selecting a site for data centers. Thanks very much for your insightful review and analysis.