- The floating data center container story is getting some pretty heavy traction. I guess it's just odd enough to make people take notice -- check it out (again) here at Network World and here at Storage. IT World.
- The Data Center container concept continues to get interesting....
- Network world has an article on how Microsoft is Going Green. The interesting part (to me) was this:
"The company, which will say only that it has between 10 and 100 data centers, has used software to create a map of the world that aggregates 35 factors, such as power costs and climate, to determine the best places to build."
- Equinix stock was upgraded to 'outperform', based on industry demand and their sales pipeline.
- This was the last year for Bill Gates to keynote at CES. Here is the pretty funny video that they made for his last day at work -- and here is a full interview with him right after he finished the CES speech.
- If you haven't heard of the TV-B-Gone clickers, check out these CES pranks
- CNET has an interview with Chris Anderson, author of The Long Tail, a book I read this summer and really enjoyed.
- The appropriately titled "In Your Dreams" article at Geekologie, describes the Panasonic unveiling of their 150 inch plasma!!
- Finally -- I know it's not much, but there is a cool Weather Channel integration with Google Maps and Google Earth - check it out here
Friday, January 11, 2008
Well, it's been a busy week, so here are some miscellaneous things I feel are post-worthy: