- Stacey Higginbotham at GigaOm points out that the conference is really (or has become) a Data Center conference.
- The Austin American-Statesman previews the conference and points out that Sun will bus people to their Ranger installation at UT, and Dell will bus people to UT's main campus to see Stallion, their advanced computer visualization system.
- Nortel 100G to carry critical network traffic for SC08 conference.
- MercuryNews.com reports that Intel, Cisco and Sun are helping develop a supercomputer for the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
- NVIDIA announces Tesla "personal supercomputer"...... umm...... ok
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory selects DataDirect Network Storage to power one of the largest and fastest file systems in the world. "48 S2a9900 High Performance storage platforms deliver up to 240 Gigabytes per second of performance across 10 Petabytes". Wow!
- DataDirect Networks also won the HTCWire's Editors' Choice Award for best HPC Storage Product for 2008.