Here is a break-down of what exactly $10.9 Billion means:
- It's slightly more than the 2007 Gross Domestic Product of Japan, Germany and China...... Combined!!
- It could buy 2.7 exabytes of enterprise-grade storage (roughly -- at somewhere around $4/GB). This is approximately .002% of the 1.7 zettabytes that IDC forecasts we'll be generating in 2011.
- Instead of building data centers for the company, you could just buy Equinix, Level 3, and Digital Realty Trust. (based on Market Cap)
- $10.9B is more than 4x the 2007 "net investments in real estate" made by Digital Realty Trust.
- It's more than 3x the total amount Cisco spent in acquisitions in 2007.
- It's more than 4x what Google spent on data centers in 2007.
- It's only 6% of the Google Market Cap.
- Google Gross Profit is catching up -- at $9.9B
- It would buy around 83,846 shares of Berkshire Hathaway Class A stock