- Just a few short weeks back Cisco announced EnergyWise. I haven't had a chance to get 'really' familiar with the technology yet, but it seems pretty cool on the surface. A TMCnet blogger has his thoughts on the Cisco "energy tax" here. It's a Nortel favored argument, but I'll refer back to the video I blogged about here to tell you what I think about the energy tax criticism. I'm not saying EnergyWise is perfect or that you 'should' put your eggs in one basket, but come on..... SmartGrids have HUGE potential in 2009 and I think EnergyWise is in on the beginning of something great.
- Last Friday CNet had an article about "Cisco unveils Global blueprint for cities". Pretty cool stuff -- and it builds on Cisco's mission to become a more Global company.
- InformationWeek reports "IBM to Help Orange Data Center go Green". Partnership with IBM and Syracuse University.
- IBM Launches "Ready for IBM Energy & Environment" Validation for Business Partners.
- IBM Expands Efficiency Offerings. Announcement of a Strategic Carbon Management consulting service.
- IBM Brings Smart Meters to Malta. 5 year project to "design and deliver a nationwide smart utility implementation" to the nation of Malta.
- Google: A Utility Company. Interesting blog post about Google purchasing an abandoned paper mill in rural Finland.
- On Feb. 9th the Official google.org blog wrote about home electricity use and combining smart meters with easy access to energy information. This (to me) was Extremely interesting. More information on the Google PowerMeter and other items can be found here.
- The Microsoft "Innovating to Improve the Planet" site is a pretty good source to find out what they are up to in the green department.
- The Microsoft Dynamics team has been up some interesting things. Check out this video about the Dynamics Sustainability Dashboard on Channel 9.
More still to come.... I am almost through my list of links. Success stories, green technologies and more on smart grids the rest of this week.