Sunday, February 10, 2008

Google/IBM Cloud Computing

Not to over-hype the term cloud computing -- but it really has me intrigued. I think the potential is absolutely huge and with companies like IBM and Google researching it, they are sure to make some significant progress to understanding it and making it better.

I came across an InfoWorld article this weekend that I felt was very good in covering the IBM/Google partnership/initiative for cloud computing. IBM and Google make money in very different ways and I think that cloud computing could (potentially) be the new platform that both IBM (the enterprise side of things) and Google (the Internet, massively scaled applications side of things) run on. In the article, IBM exec Steve Mills is interviewed about the goals of the partnership and research.

Check out the article here

1 comment:

Botchagalupe said...

I am also a cloud junkie and have been doing a lot of research on what IBM and others are doing. If you are interested check out these posts.

http://www.johnmwillis.com/redmonk/demystifying-clouds/

http://www.johnmwillis.com/other/5-reaons-it-might-not-be-blue-skies-for-ibm/