Set to open in June 2008, this data center has some impressive features:
- Two power systems. The first: an array of 55 diesel generators. The second, 440 large flywheels.
- 160 watts per square foot (funny--I keep hearing that this is a bad metric to use).
- It is expected to consume 100 megawatts of electricity.
- 2500 tons of a/c
- Bus-sized chillers fed by 18 inch wide pipes.
- They have poured enough concrete to build a 21.5 mile road.
- Campus will consist of up to five 50,000 sq.ft. independent data centers.
- My favorite: DoD-trained anti-terrorism personnel on staff.
The Terremark information page, complete with webcam and video (including an overly dramatic soundtrack) can be found here.
The StarExponent.com article can be found here
A related story about how most of Terremark's workforce could be local ; can be found here