Friday, June 20, 2008

Thursday Links

I thought I would catch up on some of the surfing I have been doing this week and share some of what I have found. The Iowa flood victims are moving into clean-up mode and President Bush was in Iowa today to tour. Here are some things I have been reading lately:

  • I think I had run across the following link a while back, but forgot about it. On the side I dabble a little in search engine optimization techniques, and the Google Data Center Research Tool is kind of fun. As my friend Ben would point out about their site though.... "C-Class" does not refer to IP Space, only to a Mercedes-Benz. :)
  • Here is an interesting story about the CERN particle accelerator network and distribution of 15 petabytes that the project generates annually.
  • I've been playing around with Summize a little more recently. I think this is a pretty cool little tool that has potential to be really useful. It basically searches twitter posts in real time, shows search term trends, and allows you to RSS your search.

No comments: