Thursday, January 22, 2009

Colocation Crisis?

CIO Magazine blogger Michael Bullock proclaims "Data Center Colocation Crisis: Act Now or Pay Later". While I liked his article, I'm not sure I totally agree. Now....I don't have access to all of the analyst opinions and statistics that might sway me to think differently, but....

The one thing that I do certainly agree with is that if a company is looking for colo space, NOW is the time to get it. He mentions rapidly rising prices in England and New York and that the 3 things driving the coming storm are shrinking supply, increased demand, and infrastructure limitations. He continues with some nice pointers if a company wants to build their own facility and hits a little bit on my favorite topic: Data Center site selection.

Check out the article here

No comments: