Sunday, May 25, 2008

Uber Data Center in Vegas

I ran out of super-cool descriptive terms I could call this data center. They are already calling their new facility the SuperNAP (look out Terremark! :) ) The Register has an awesome article on Switch Communications -- a previously stealth colocation facility in Las Vegas, NV. Switch's CEO Rob Roy does what the CEO position is supposed to - overhype the capabilities and specs of the data center. He goes so far as to say that they are better than the mega-super-data centers that are being built by Microsoft and Google.

I won't go into too many details -- the Register article is very thorough and good read. I will say that the "disaster avoidance" maps on the Switch site are a little questionable (In my opinion).

Check out the article here
and the Switch web site here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dare you / compel you to find a customer who doesn't agree with what Switch is offering. They have NEVER promised something they can't deliver.