Saturday, June 16, 2007

It's Official!!

On Tuesday Google plans to announce that the Council Bluffs rumors are true: They are building a data center! They will receive $48 million over 20 years in property tax rebates as long as Google provides at least 100 of the 200 jobs promised. Construction, and more importantly, security crews are already on site.

What was surprising, yet extremely cool to me is that they expect one of the buildings to be up by the end of the year! I am already planning a trip down there to take some pictures if at all possible.

I am very excited about this and can't wait to follow the progress through to completion. Maybe I can talk someone in to giving me a tour once they are operational! :)

Check out the Omaha World Herald article here,, Des Moines Register article here, and post from DataCenterKnowledge.com here.

No comments: