Friday, December 01, 2006

Heat in the Data Center

After reading Data Center Knowledge's article, Heat or Hype I continued my normal surfing. I just so happened to stumble upon an equally interesting article. It's a story on HP, their cooling experiences and knowledge on the subject. I sat in on a session at Data Center World last September given by a senior VP at HP. He was the one responsible for consolidating all of the HP data centers in to half a dozen or so. As the article and the presenter explained, they intend to use themselves as a test case for how various technologies work out in the enterprise data center.

This article talks about a HP product offering due out summer of 2007 that that the company claims will offer 20- to 45-percent energy cost savings. Beyond this they discuss CFD and some general thoughts on cooling. I found it to be a very interesting article.

No comments: