Thursday, February 14, 2008

Iowa Tax Break Offering To Lure Microsoft Data Center

As we did with the Google deal, Iowa has sweetened the deal for Microsoft to build a data center here. The Iowa House voted 99-1 (HF 2233) in favor of giving tax breaks to Microsoft in order to lure them to the state. You can read the rest of the details in the Des Moines Register article, but I wanted to say a big thank you to Republican Christopher Rants for the for this:
House Minority Leader Christopher Rants, a Sioux City Republican, voted for the bill but also requested that lawmakers look at what can be done to help smaller companies, many that already exist in Iowa.
It's nice to see someone looking out for ALL business in the state and not just the mega million deals and companies like Google and Microsoft.

Check out the Des Moines Register article here
and a Forbes article here

1 comment:

calmchess said...

Silicorn Valley Net Project
I am a computer programmer deep in the bowls of silicorn valley. Between the ages of 16 and 25 I had extreme legal problems I finally decided that the party was over for me and went to school for computer technology where I was taught computer repair and network support at Vatterott College in Des Moines Iowa. During my intake appointment I specifically asked the counsler if there would be a problem with me working in the computer industry because of my criminal record. She specifically told me that others have done it. However after completeing college I found that nobody wanted to hire me due to my criminal record.I then decided I would have to build a website in order to become finacially secure. I spent several years learning how to modify php, html, CSS and other opensource code and then finally I spent an entire year learning to write rich internet applications using actionscript and flash media server. I attempted to take a factory job however I couldn't think of anything except technology. It became so severe that my boss once told me that i appeared to be moving in slow motion. The social interactions between myself and my boss became so strained that I finally packed my car and moved to Florida to be with my girlfriend and seek technology based jobs. However the only job i could get was a 25 day contract this money dried up quickly. And I moved back to Iowa. I am now jobless and want to continue to use technology and help people reach their technology goals via Forums and email and any other types of communications that i can aquire or build. It will all be quite extensive. The donation button below is for anybody that wishes to help fund the building of silicornvalley.net visit the URL below to donate.

www.geocities.com/calm_chess_player